- The Foundation will award the Cinch Academic Scholarships to one outstanding 8th grade cowboy and one outstanding 8th grade cowboy, as well as Foundation Scholarships to the Top Ten in the 8th grade qualifier Cinch Academic scholarship competition. This applications are due to the Gist booth in the Trade Show no later than Sunday at 6:00pm. Applications should be completed online, printed, signed and submitted with transcript/grade cards and other required documents, per the application. The fillable application is available on the NHSR Foundation website at https://nhsrfoundation.org/forms and on the NHSRA Website at https://www.nhsra.com/programs/foundation-scholarships/. It is a very simple process, so please encourage your “Straight A’s” eighth graders to apply. All of the necessary info is on the application.
- The Foundation funds the additional 8th grade finalists’ scholarships with the revenues of the “Daily Silent Auctions”, Monday through Friday, at the Foundation booth. This is located in the Women’s Building, along with the Official Posting Boards, Acentric Photo and Video, and the Rodeo Office. Please consider donating or have your contestants donate a few items for the Daily Silent Auctions. Anything goes! It does not have to be relative to your state or province, although those are always popular items. Suggestions are tack, jewelry, art, decorations, handcrafted items, tools, cookware, really anything! As the week progresses, the interest increases, so please consider bringing something for these daily auctions. We close at the end of each day, before the night perf, and open with a fresh set of items each morning. It’s fun and it is a great fundraiser for scholarships.
- Also, Monday through Friday, we sell 50/50 tickets at both perfs and draw at the evening perfs. We do need volunteer parents’, contestants’ and siblings’ help with 50/50 sales and there is a draw to determine which associations help on which days. I will also discuss this when the Directors meet on Saturday.
- The Foundation will award 38 named, honorary and memorial scholarships totaling $54,250, in addition to the $500 Foundation scholarships this year. Graduating senior NHSFR qualifiers, exiting high school this year, are eligible for a minimum $500 scholarship, if their official application is received timely, is complete, and they participate in the mandatory scholarship interviews on Wednesday at 1:00pm. The applications are due to the Foundation Room in the Exhibit Hall no later than Sunday at 6:00pm. Applications should be completed online, printed, signed and submitted with transcript/grade cards and other required documents, per the application. The fillable application is available on the NHSR Foundation website at https://nhsrfoundation.org/forms and on the NHSRA Website at https://www.nhsra.com/programs/foundation-scholarships/.
- Foundation scholarship funding is made possible through the Monday through Friday 50/50 sales and the Live and Silent Auctions on Thursday at 1:00 in the Exhibit Hall. Please consider donating an auction item and encourage your qualifiers to do the same. Truly, anything goes! It would also be helpful for you to explain that this is NOT the same as the Crisis Fund Baskets. Both are important, but each year there appears to be a misunderstanding. The Crisis Fund Baskets support the Crisis Fund and the Foundation Auctions support scholarships.